The Government made it compulsory to link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number in accordance with the Supreme Court’s order. This step is taken to eliminate links on falsified documents. Re-checking your mobile number with your Aadhaar is cost-free and completes in seconds. There are two ways to check Aadhaar for mobile numbers. Follow the steps to Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number online and offline.
If you don’t have an Aadhaar Card Follow This Article For Applying Aadhaar Card Online
Steps To Link Aadhaar Card With Mobile Number Via OTP
Mobile subscribers can also link their numbers to Aadhar and re-check them using an OTP method. However, this re-verification method can only be used by customers who already have their mobile numbers linked to Aadhaar. Although, users must follow the offline process to connect their SIM card to Aadhaar by visiting a retailer or a store if their number is not connected to Aadhaar. This is how you can connect Aadhaar via OTP to your mobile number.
- Step1: Call your mobile phone number 14546.
- Step2: Choose if you’re an Indian or an NRI.
- Step3: give your consent by pressing 1 to re-check Aadhaar.
- Step4: Enter your Aadhaar Number of 12 digits and confirm by pressing 1.
- Step5: An OTP is generate and sent to the registered mobile number.
- Step6: Give your operator consent to access your UIDAI name, photo and DOB.
- Step7: The last 4 digits of your mobile number read by IVR.
- Step8: Enter the received OTP if correct.
- Step9: Press 1 to finish the process
Steps To Link Aadhaar Card With Mobile Number By Visiting The Store
Linking the number of Aadhaar with the number of the sim card is now mandatory according to the government and the Supreme Court. For instance, to link your Aadhaar to your phone number, you must visit the outlet of your service provider. Follow the above procedure to easily connect your Aadhaar to your mobile number.
- Step1: Visit the outlet / store of your telecom operator.
- Step2: Carry your Aadhaar card with a self-tested copy.
- Step3: Specify your mobile number.
- Step4: The store manager sends an OTP to the linked mobile number.
- Stage5: Provide the executive with an OTP for verification.
- Step6: Now give the executive your fingerprint.
- Step7: You receive your telecom operator’s SMS confirmation.
- Step8: Reply to’ Y’ to finish the e-KYC process.