How to apply for Voter ID/Election card online step by step guide: India’s Election Commission offers Indian citizens over 18 years of age online voter registration. An Indian citizen can enroll in the National Voters Service Portal as a general voter and fill out Form 6 online.
General elections 2019 are approaching in April – May, so it’s an opportunity to select the government that will run the country for the next five years. However, it is compulsory to have a voter ID card to vote in the elections.
India’s Election Commission offers Indian citizens over 18 years of age online voter registration. An Indian citizen can enroll in the National Voters ‘ Service Portal as a general voter and fill out Form 6 online.
Requirements For Voting Registration
You can register as an Indian voter if you:
- Are a citizen of India.
- Have attained eighteen years of age on the qualifying date, i.e. January 1 of the election roll revision year.
- Usually reside in the constituency’s part / polling area where you want to be enrolled.
- Do not be disqualified as an elector.
Please visit nvsp.in to register online if you meet the above criteria.
You can confirm that if you have registered to vote before by going to the link below!
To see if you are registered to vote visit https:/electoralsearch.in. You are eligible to vote if your name appears in the list, otherwise you must register to vote. For registration of voters visit https:/www.nvsp.in.
Procedure Step By Step For Applying For A Voter ID Card
How To Apply For Voter ID/Election Card Online Step By Step Guide
- General voters must fill out Form 6. This form also applies to ‘first-time voters’ and ‘voters who have moved to a different constituency’.
- NRI Voter must fill out the 6A form.
- For any change in (Name, Photo, Age, EPIC No, Address, Date Of Birth, Age, Relative Name, Relationship Type, Gender), please fill in Form 8.
- Please fill out Form 8A if you move from one place of residence to another place of residence within the same constituency.
Please note: if voters move from one constituency to another, they must fill out Form 6 (Link to online form). See the Voter Guide on http:/ecisveep.nic.in for more information.
Voter list is updated continuously until the candidate’s last filing date of nominations. This is about 3 weeks before the date of the polling. After the announcement, the exact polling dates will be available at eci.gov.in.
How To Register Offline
- You can register offline as well. Complete two Form 6 copies. This form is also available at Electoral Registration Officers / Assistant Electoral Registration Officers and Booth Level Officers ‘ offices free of charge.
- The application may be submitted in person, accompanied by copies of the relevant documents, before the Electoral Registration Officer / Assistant Electoral Registration Officer concerned or sent by post addressed to him or may be handed over to the Booth Level Officer in your polling area.
- Call 1950 for any help (before 1950 please add your STD code). Read the Voter Brochure at http:/ecisveep.nic.in for more information.