Apply For Aadhaar Card Online – Although some of the provisions of the Aadhaar Act 2016 struck by the Supreme Court, it ruled that Aadhaar is constitutionally valid and serves a greater interest. The apex court said that the rights of a person could not be denied because of the lack of a unique ID.
While the majority ruling by Justice AK Sikri in agreement with CJI Dipak Misra and Justice AM Khanwilkar upheld the seed of PAN with Aadhaar, it set aside the link between Aadhaar and bank accounts and mobile telephone numbers. Aadhaar is currently the world ‘s largest biometric and identity database for Indian citizens with 122,56 crore numbers.
Steps To Apply For Aadhaar Card Online
For those who have not yet requested an Aadhaar card, here you can get one:
- Find a nearest Aadhaar registration center and book an online appointment on the UIDAI official website. UIDAI and the Office of the Registrar General of India (RGI) shall be responsible for registration in all States / UTs.
- Keep handy documentation such as proof of identity and proof of address, e.g. voter ID card, ration card, PAN card, etc.
- Download the application form and fill in all the information required. Send the completed application form and supporting documents to the nearest registration centre.
- Once you submit your form, officials present at the center will collect biometric data. The data will contain an impression of both hands ‘ fingerprints, iris and photograph.
- After the documents and biometric data is check and document, you will receive a registration slip with a 14-digit registration number to check the application status.