Since coronavirus pandemic situation is utmost serious. 10 Coronavirus facts will help you to feel a little relaxed. The SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus spread to several continents.
One thing is certain: fear, on the other hand, has indeed entered the pandemic phase. For the first time in history, we are experiencing an epidemic in real-time. We are on a constant flow of information: all over the world, the media are informing us of the evolution of the epidemic, several times a day, seven days a week. Indeed, we get live updates on every new case.
We are facing a serious problem. However, we must remember that one of the first victims of the coronavirus will have been the economy. While it is important to report on developments, it is also important to focus on 10 coronavirus facts: positive news. There is good news too: here are ten pieces of good news about the coronavirus. These 10 coronavirus facts will decrease your fear in this quarantine.
10 Coronavirus Facts
- We Know What Causes The Disease
You know what? To identify HIV which is responsible for AIDS, it took long two years! The primary instances of serious pneumonia due to new coronavirus started spreading in China from the 31st December 2019. By 7 January, the scientists identified the virus responsible. Besides, they were successful in bringing out its genome.
We realize that it is a coronavirus having a place with bunch 2B, for example, a similar family as SARS, and we have given it a name: SARS-CoV-2. The ailment it causes is additionally named COVID-19. This new infection is identified with a bat coronavirus. Hereditary examinations have affirmed that it is of a common root, that it developed as of late (between late November and early December), and that, even though infections adjust by changing, the recurrence of a transformation of SARS-CoV-2 is low and steady.
- Coronavirus Identification Tools Are Ready
On January 13, an RT-PCR test to identify the infection was made accessible to all. Lately, a trial of this sort have been additionally evolved and their affectability and explicitness assessed.
- The Situation Is Improving In China
China forced isolation and extensive controls. This proved into fruitful: the number of cases started going down. In other countries, detailed epidemiological monitoring is underway. Outbreaks of the new coronavirus are very specific, which may make it easier to control them. This is, for example, the case in South Korea or Singapore.
- Only 5 % is Fatal
The malady causes no manifestations or is considerate in 81% of cases. In 14% of cases, it can cause extreme pneumonia and in the remaining 5%, it can become basic or even lethal. This statistic surely comforts us.
- People Heal
The media sometimes tend to report only on the upsurge in the number of definite cases and deaths. Nevertheless, the majority of those who have been infected are cured. There are 13 times as many recoveries as deaths, and this proportion is increasing. Among all the 10 coronavirus facts, people heal is obviously indicate that you may also heal. So, be calm and stay at home.
- Children Are (Almost) Unaffected
Only 3 per cent of cases involve young people under the age of 20, and mortality among people under 40 is only 0.2 per cent. The percentage of total affected children is very low. Isn’t one of the coronavirus facts? In children, the signs are so mild that they may go overlooked.
- The Coronavirus Is Easily Inactivated In The Body.
You can inactivate the infection by cleaning with a solution of ethanol (62-71% liquor), hydrogen peroxide (0.5% hydrogen peroxide) or sodium hypochlorite (0.1% fade). Handwashing with cleanser and water is the best method to forestall transmission. To know more about how you can prevent COVID-19 from spreading read 11 Ways To Prevent COVID-19 Coronavirus From Spreading.
- There Are Already More Than 250 Scientific Articles On The New Coronavirus
It’s time for science and cooperation. In just over a month, 164 articles mentioning the terms COVID-19 or SARS-CoV-2 have been referenced in the PubMed bibliographic database, which is a reference for the biomedical sciences. Numerous other publications were also referenced in as yet unreviewed article repositories. These preliminary works deal with vaccines, therapies, epidemiology, genetics and phylogeny, diagnostics, clinical aspects, etc.
- Prototype Vaccines Already Exist
- Our ability to design new vaccines is remarkable. More than eight projects targeting the new coronavirus have already been set up. Proposing a prototype vaccine goes very fast. Some groups working on vaccination projects against viruses similar to SARS-CoV-2 have only had to redirect their research towards this new virus. It may take several months or years to develop a marketable vaccine, but prototypes are already being developed.
- An example is Moderna’s 1273 mRNA vaccine, which consists of a messenger RNA fragment that produces a protein derived from the coronavirus surface glycoprotein S. The vaccine is a new type of mRNA vaccine, which can be used to produce a protein derived from the coronavirus surface glycoprotein S. Moderna had previously worked on similar prototypes for other viruses.
- Inovio Pharmaceuticals announced that it is working on a synthetic DNA vaccine targeting the new coronavirus. Called INO-4800, it is also based on the virus’ surface glycoprotein S gene.
- For its part, Sanofi will use its recombinant baculovirus expression platform to produce large quantities of the surface antigen of the new coronavirus.
- The Vaccine Group at the University of Queensland, Australia, reported that it is as of now taking a shot at a model utilizing a system called ” molecular clamp “. This consists of creating chimeric molecules capable of maintaining the original three-dimensional structure of the viral antigen. This makes it possible to produce vaccines in record time, using the virus genome.
- Novavax, another biotechnology company also announced that it is conducting work on the coronavirus. It has a technology to produce recombinant proteins assembled into nanoparticles which, with their own adjuvant, are powerful immunogens. In Spain, the group of Luis Enjuanes and Isabel Sola of the CNB-CSIC has been working for years on coronavirus vaccines. Researchers will test some of these prototypes soon in humans. These prototypes are indeed 10 coronavirus comforting facts. Right?
- More Than 80 Clinical Trials Involving Antivirals Are Underway
Vaccines are preventive. In the immediate term, it is important to develop treatments to care for people who are already sick. More than 80 clinical trials to evaluate the effectiveness of coronavirus treatments are underway. These are antivirals that the scientist utilizes for different diseases.
- You know what? Remedivir is an antiviral. The researchers have already tasted this antiviral in human. This wide range of antiviral is still under investigation. The researchers utilized this antiviral against Ebola and the coronaviruses SARS and MERS. It is an adenosine simple. At the point when fused into the viral RNA chain, it restrains its replication.
- Chloroquine is another drug. This antimalarial drug shows a strong antiviral activity. Chloroquine recognizes to block infection caused by a virus. Chloroquine increases the pH of the endosome. This compound proved to block the new coronavirus in vitro. The doctors have already started to use Chloroquine in patients with coronavirus pneumonia.
- Researchers used Lopinavir and Ritonavir as antiretroviral therapy in the fight against HIV, whose final maturation they inhibit. Since the protease of SARS-Cov-2 shows to be similar to that of HIV, this combination has already been tested in patients with COVID-19.
- Other proposed preliminaries incorporate some dependent on the utilization of oseltamivir (a neuraminidase inhibitor utilized against the flu infection), interferon beta-1b (a protein with antiviral capacity), antisera from individuals who have just recouped, or monoclonal antibodies to kill the infection. New treatments utilizing inhibitory substances have likewise been proposed, for example, baricitinib, a medication previously endorsed for the treatment of rheumatoid joint pain which potential viability against coronavirus has been distinguished through man-made reasoning.
In 1918, the flu pandemic slaughtered in more twenty-five million individuals in under 25 weeks. Could such a circumstance happen again today? Likely not. Undoubtedly, never in our history have we been more ready to battle a pandemic.